Saturday, July 19, 2014

job

The Saturday I
was going to have

all but have, have

                            to myself,

       carried
well on the nite before

when I got to the place
                  a child answered

An Access card
on the                      bedding
children,               caged pup,
                             and bunks

Dunebug and I
were there to help my father
install electrical wiring
on the outside of the house

for the Indian landlord ( I
                                          don't like him )

I guard the van,
                                          watching the mother
and her well-built friend
                                                                  get high

        Ayoung
        family
        grills
                         inwhat
                         space
                         theyhave                           got
     
        her the
                              garbage bag she
                                                                  asked for

Charletta, but
I'm likely way
off,                        and Michelle,

with her hair

                    intricately
                         up

         I know

I used to take the 66 & see
all the girls from Jean Madeline
out on their smoke breaks